Hello friends! Today I’m excited to introduce you to our next flip house baby we’re fostering. Meet Left-Behind Ranch:
This little gem sits on almost a full acre outside of Mount Union, Pa. We purchased it from an online auction site for $51,000. It was a bank-owned foreclosure property that had obviously been vacant for awhile.
A couple key features attracted me to this home:
- It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms.
- It was built in 2003, which means all the systems and building materials should be up to current building codes and standards and, thankfully, in good working condition (windows, HVAC, cabinets, fixtures, etc.)
- It has a modern, open-concept floor plan, which a lot of today’s buyers appreciate and are looking for.
- Everything is on one floor. This means if I encounter pipe leaks, etc., they are in the crawl space – easily accessible and fixable without creating damage to ceilings, subfloors, etc. One-floor living also appeals to a larger group of buyers.
- The house is in a peaceful country setting, with similar or nicer homes on all four sides. It is almost the last home on the cul-de-sac, with a beautiful view of the mountains in the distance. Yet it is also close to town and stores.
- It is very near recreational areas and activities like boating, swimming and fishing.
- It will be totally modern, gorgeous and AFFORDABLE when the rehab is done … key components of the flip properties I choose.
That said, as you can see above, there are some not-so-awesome things about this home as well.
It’s a foreclosure and the former owners were obviously pitiful housekeepers. It also appears they abandoned the property, which means the place sat vacant for a long time. This is not good for the condition. We’ve got our work cut out for us, starting with eliminating the musty smell.
Check out the video below that we made on Day 1 of this flip. It will give you a good feel for the plans we have for Left-Behind Ranch.
Stay tuned for updates coming soon!