Hello friends! So obviously I am a little behind on designating my 2019 Word of the Year … but better late than never, right?
This year, my word is:
I realize this word seem a little, well, un-fun … a little stodgy … maybe it even conjures up images of your mom wagging her finger in your face.
But I need this word in my life this year.
I need to remind myself daily that:
- I am responsible for my attitude.
- I am responsible for my financial situation.
- I am responsible for my health.
- I am responsible for my happiness.
- I am responsible for my future.
- I am responsible for the care and well-being of my children and husband.
- I am responsible for the state of my home.
Now please don’t misunderstand. I am not the only one responsible for the care of my children and husband, and I’m not responsible for their actions. What I’m saying is that I play a leading role in shaping these things as well as their quality of life … and I think that’s really important, don’t you?
My goal this year is to use my word of the year anytime I’m feeling like a victim. I need to remind myself of this word when I feel like blaming someone else for any of the numbers mentioned above. It’s important. It’s a kick in the big-girl pants. And, in my life, it’s timely. If I want to have greater success, greater health, greater wealth, greater happiness etc., I must take responsibility and do the work that will get me there. Plain and simple. Not sexy, but #truthyall.
What’s your 2019 Word of the Year?