My odd method for choosing towels and washcloths
When it comes to buying bath towels and washcloths, I have been following the same method for years.
For the towels and washcloths we use every day, I only purchase white ones. There are several reasons why.
- White linens don’t fade or show wear easily.
- They can be bleached to remove odors and stains.
- They are interchangeable in any bathroom in our home (no need to remember which towels go in which bathroom).
- They are inexpensive to replace. (I can purchase brand name versions dirt cheap at stores like Gabriel Brothers, Big Lots, Ollie’s Outlet and T.J. Maxx.)
- They give our bathrooms an upscale hotel feel. Check out the white towels in the 2013 Southern Living Idea house:
Perhaps you think that using only white linens seems kind of boring and I totally agree. I do actually incorporate some colorful, patterned towels. But I only use them primarily for decoration, so they don’t get a ton of wear and they last for years.
The white towels and washcloths in our home work hard. After we’ve used them for years and they get too worn out for the bathrooms, they get a second life as a dishcloth or shop rag.
What do you think of my method of using only white towels and washcloths?