Hello friends! I hope you had a blessed holiday season. It was definitely one of my favorite Christmases ever. I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with family and friends. The older I get, the more I cherish these moments together.
Today I wanted to share photos of our finished hot tub project! A few months ago, we purchased a used hot tub for $600 from a friend of a church friend.
We installed a paver patio for our “new” hot tub first. Then I stained the outside of the hot tub cabinet and did some landscaping to finish off our new backyard oasis. I chronicled the specific details of how we did these projects here:
Here’s what we started with:
And here’s what we’ve got now:
In addition to doing the paver patio ourselves, we also tried to keep the landscaping budget as low as possible. We’ll still need to bring in a little topsoil and seed in the spring to get the area looking its best. The cost breakdown to date is as follows (approx.):
- 4-6-person California Cooperage® Hot Tub – $600 (purchased used from a homeowner and picked up)
- Stain for hot tub cabinet – $12
- Paver patio – $1,000 (We have extra pavers on hand to do some more hardscaping in the future.)
- Landscape fabric (already had on hand)
- Edging – $20
- 2B (that’s the size) river rock – $60
- Trees and shrubs – $300
- Electrical supplies to hook up hot tub – $150
- Stumps and large rock accents (already had on hand in our woods) 🙂
Total project cost = $2,142
Below you can see where we decided to end the paver patio and allow some room for landscaping against the house.
While this project definitely cost us some significant time and money, we feel it was well worth the effort. Our family gets in the hot tub together nearly every evening. It’s a great time of bonding for us, and it sure beats watching TV! Plus we know we saved a ton of money purchasing a used hot tub and installing it ourselves. A new hot tub of this size would begin at about $5,000, not counting the cost of the patio, landscaping, electrical supplies, etc.
What do you think of our “new” hot tub?