Hallmark review and giveaway
Tiny is starting kindergarten this year and, let me just say, I am a serious wreck over it. I didn’t realize this transition would be so difficult for me! People have been telling me for years how fast kids grow up and I was always like, “Yea. Whatever.” Well, it’s true and I’ve blinked and my little baby is going to school and I don’t like it one bit. Sniff.
Unfortunately, I’ve had to suck it up and start all the necessary first-day-of-school preparations anyway. I think we are ready (and least physically) for the big day.
In timely fashion, the folks at Hallmark recently contacted me and asked if I would be interested in reviewing Nugget the Dog, an interactive story buddy, and his book, “Nugget’s First Day of School,” and then offering a free package of Hallmark goodies to one of my readers. “Sure,” I responded through teary, mascara-stained raccoon eyes.
Nugget and his book arrived the other day and Tiny fell in love with him right away.
Nugget is a soft, cuddly stuffed character that responds when you read phrases in his book that are highlighted in red. And he doesn’t always say the same stuff, either. It’s really quite a magical experience for kids.
Nugget’s story chronicles his first day of dog school, from the nerves beforehand to all the new puppy pals he makes during the day, and his excitement to return.
Tiny is not able to read on her own yet, but she’s already memorized all the phrases that get Nugget talking.
Hallmark offers multiple Nugget books as well as additional story buddies with storybooks. And story buddy apps for iPads and iPhones are free at the App Store. Visit www.Hallmark.com/StoryBuddy for all the deets.
Now on to the giveaway! Hallmark is offering one of you lucky ducks a back-to-school care package, which includes:
- A pack of Hallmark’s Kids Collection greeting cards, which feature kid-appropriate topics ranging from managing difficult academic or social situations, to achieving a personal goal in the classroom or on the field.
- A few of Hallmark’s “any day” greeting cards for kids, featuring music sensation Justin Bieber (my daughter thinks his name is Justin “Beaver” 🙂 ).
- Lunchbox Notes, which offer 50 ways for you to add a little love to lunchtime.
- Bug’Em, a pint-sized plush that can hold cards and other tokens of encouragement and give an unexpected lift to any youngster’s day.
So who wants to win? To enter, visit Hallmark’s kids section here, then come back and leave a comment on this post explaining what words of encouragement you want to offer your kids this school year.
Additional bonus entry options:
- Follow Hallmark Cards on Twitter.
- “Like” Hallmark on Facebook
- Tweet about this giveaway, mentioning @Livinrichonless and @HallmarkPR with a link to this post.
- Post on Facebook about this giveaway.
- Follow Living Rich on Less on Twitter.
- “Like” Living Rich on Less on Facebook.
Remember: For EACH of these entries, you must come back to this post and leave a comment letting me know what you did. A random winner will be selected out of all the comments using Randomizer.org.
Important details and rules: The giveaway winner must be 18 years of age or older to enter. There will be one winner only. This giveaway will run from Aug. 21, 2012, until 11:59 p.m. Sept. 3, 2012. The winner must respond within 72 hours of being chosen or a new winner will be selected. Odds of winning will be dependent upon total number of entries.
Disclosure: I was given Nugget and his storybook free to review from Hallmark. All opinions stated in this post are entirely my own.