Giveaway from Ball brand plus Can-It-Forward Day
Perhaps you’ve noticed that mason jars are having a real moment right now. Crafty DIYers are finding so many creative, alternative uses for them. If you don’t believe me, check out all the mason jar ideas boards on Pinterest.
After the veggies are gone, however, my jars get repurposed. For example, I like to use them to hold pretty wildflowers. I’ve also created a holiday vignette with pint Ball® jars.
And I’ve used the jars as drinking glasses.
I am definitely a huge fan of the mason jar. That’s why I’m excited to announce Can-It-Forward Day and also share with you an awesome giveaway from the Ball® brand.
This Saturday, Aug. 16, Jarden Home Brands will host its first annual International Can-It-Forward Day with special guest, renowned chef and Bravo’s Top Chef judge, Hugh Acheson. While the day is primarily to celebrate home canning via a live webcast on www.freshpreserving.com, International Can-It-Forward Day will also be exploring alternative uses for Ball® jars.
The event is taking place at the Brooklyn Borough Hall Farmers Market and, in addition to canning demos where viewer questions will be answered in real-time by Chef Acheson and other experts, there will also be segments on crafting, herb gardening and the brand’s new drinkware line. They will also be attempting a Guinness World Record for the World’s Largest Mason Jar Mosaic.
Now on to the giveaway!
I was recently introduced to The New Limited Edition Spring Green Heritage Collection Jars.
Isn’t the color gorgeous? I am also totally loving the mason jar infuser.
There is a little patch of herbs I’m growing along the side of our house. I packed the infuser with some fresh mint and am planning to make some mint tea this afternoon.
In celebration of alternative uses for Ball® jars and in support of Can-It-Forward Day, the folks at Jarden Home Brands want to give one of you lucky readers the following items:
- The New Limited Edition Spring Green Heritage Collection Jars (one case of pint jars and one case of quart jars): These limited edition jars commemorate the 100-year anniversary of the Ball brothers’ “Perfection” Jar and come in a beautiful green tint. These are being produced only in 2014.
- 4-pack 16 oz. Drinking Mugs: Research shows people prefer drinking out of glass to plastic. These sturdy-handled mugs are perfect for entertaining and serving mocktails, cocktails or simply infused water.
- Mason Jar Infuser: This sturdy, BPA-free plastic top fits on any wide mouth mason jar and is equipped with a hanging basket, which you can fill with your favorite herbs, fruits, etc. to add a hint of flavor to beverages.
- Sip & Straw Lid: Fitting perfectly atop any Wide Mouth or Regular Mouth Ball® Jar, these easy-sip lids allow you to enjoy every last drop of your beverage. Use along or with the included reusable green striped straw for convenience on the go.
To enter to win this giveaway, simply leave a comment about your favorite use(s) for mason jars.
You can also get three additional chances to win by:
- Subscribing to Ball Canning on YouTube
- Following Ball Canning on Twitter
- Subscribing to Living Rich on Less blog posts
To get credit for each bonus entry, be sure to leave a separate comment for each action you complete.
This giveaway will be open for entries until 11:59 p.m. (EDT) Aug. 25. On Aug. 26, I’ll announce a winner.
So who wants to win?
Update Aug. 18, 2014 – To view the entire International Can-It-Forward Day broadcast that was recorded during the live event on Aug. 16 in New York, follow this link: International Can-It-Forward Day 2014.