Oreck Grab-It & Steam-It review and giveaway
Imagine my glee when I recently found out that Oreck had chosen me as one of its product winners from the Haven conference.
I may have even danced a little jig when this baby showed up on my front porch.
This is Oreck’s Grab-It & Steam-It turbo broom and steam mop and, let me tell you, it is a multitasking workhorse.
Now before you starting getting all green with envy and crafting a voodoo doll of me that you can poke at for pleasure, I need to let you all know that ORECK HAS AGREED TO GIVE AWAY A GRAB-IT & STEAM-IT TO ONE OF YOU LUCKY DOGS, TOO! (This is where we all do the happy dance together.)
Let me share a little bit about what this sucker can do.
As many of you know, I’ve been lamenting for some time about how difficult it is to clean my wretched kitchen linoleum. The dirt and grime seems to soak into the floor and, aside from getting down on my hands and knees and scrubbing each square foot, it doesn’t come out with regular mopping.
When I pulled my Grab-It & Steam-It out of the box, I whispered to it, “You’ve got a big job ahead of you, Oreck.”
1. This gadget will let you sweep and steam mop your floor AT THE SAME TIME, people. I love this feature. I also love the fact that you get two cleaning pads with it, so when one is in the washing machine, you still have one to use.
2. This product doesn’t use any chemicals to clean. Me likey that, too.
3. The Grab-It & Steam-It does not feel flimsy, thin or cheap. It handles like high-quality equipment.
4. There is no scrubbing or sweating involved in the cleaning process.
5. This is the only mop I have ever used that makes me feel like my kitchen floor is really deep-cleaned and sanitized when I am finished.
6. The floors dry fast with this mop, meaning less hollering at family and pets to, “Please stay off the floor until it dries!”
7. You can transition easily over vinyl, tile and wood floors without changing products or machines.
OK, so you may be asking, “What doesn’t the Grab-It & Steam-It do? Will it cook dinner and get the kids ready for bed, too?”
Well, no. It does have a few drawbacks.
1. Cleaning with this mop is not a super-fast process. To get the full effect of the steam, you need to make fairly slow passes over the floor. So if you have company coming in five minutes and your floors are atrocious, this may not be the fastest way to get them tidy – although you can use the turbo broom feature alone to do a quick pick up of crumbs, dog food bits, etc.
2. Because of what I mentioned earlier in No.3, this machine may not be small enough to fit in those tighter spaces (like around your toilet).
3. It has a cord, which I believe always makes quick cleaning a little cumbersome. Yes, I realize this is a necessity with a steam mop. I guess you can’t have your cake and steam clean it off your floors, too (without a cord, that is).
The bottom line? You definitely want one of these babies in your utility closet. So how can you win a FREE one (worth $179.99)?
There are a few different ways to enter. THE FIRST ONE IS ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY.
1. Visit Oreck.com and come back and leave me a comment telling me one thing you learned about the Grab-It & Steam-It.
Below are your additional entry options:
2. Follow @Oreck on Twitter.
3. Like Oreck on Facebook.
4. Sign up for Oreck’s email list by clicking on “Sign up for Email” in the top navigation bar and entering your email address.
6. Post on Facebook about this giveaway.
Remember: For EACH of these entries, you must come back to this post and leave a comment letting me know what you did. A random winner will be selected out of all the comments using Randomizer.org.
Important details and rules: The giveaway winner must be a resident of the U.S. 48 contiguous states and must be 18 years of age or older to enter. There will be one winner of the Oreck Grab-It & Steam-It. This giveaway will run from July 19, 2012, until 11:59 p.m. Aug. 9, 2012. The winner must respond within 72 hours of being chosen or a new winner will be selected. Odds of winning will be dependent upon total number of entries.
Disclosure: I was given the Grab-It & Steam-It free to review from Oreck. All opinions stated in this post are entirely my own. Oreck Corporation is providing the prize for the sweepstakes but is not the sponsor of the sweepstakes.