2015 Word of the Year – What’s yours?
A few years ago, I began choosing a Word of the Year to guide and shape my actions for that particular set of 12 months. In 2012, it was “available.” In 2013, it was “build.” And in 2014, it was “push.”
These simple words have proven to be absolutely life-changing for me. It seems there’s something almost supernatural about speaking out loud and writing down our intentions that sets the wheels in motion to make great things happen.
That’s part of the reason I am such a fan of Michael Hyatt’s “Best Year Ever” course. I completed the course last year and met eight out of the 10 goals I set for myself in 2014. These were not rinky-dink goals, either. They were big, hairy goals, like tripling my speaking engagements, doubling my income and writing a book!
Needless to say, I’m keeping the Word of the Year tradition alive (and also going through Michael’s course again). I’m convinced that 2015 will be my best year ever!
After much thought, I’ve decided on the word:
- See potential rather than problems
- See progress rather than imperfection
- See God’s provision rather than my own lack
- See people with eyes like God’s, full of love, grace and compassion
- See possibilities instead of past failures
- See the beauty in everyday moments
- See the hand of God working all around me
This is my desire for 2015. Now, what is your Word of the Year? I’d love for you to tell me by leaving a comment so we can encourage each other.
Cheers to 2015: Our best year ever!